Sunday, 7 May 2017

Journal Prompt : Our New Neighbors

Our New Neighbors

Today was a good day. No school, no homework and most of all nothing to ruin my weekend. This morning I woke up, had a shower, put on my loose, lazy clothes and slumped down on the couch. Everything was silent until I heard a " beep, beep, beep, beep ".......noise, I sighed, walked out the door and onto my front yard. Next door had a BIG truck parked in front of it and a navy blue Jeep in the drive way. In front of the house had a sign that said SOLD

I walked down the pathway and headed next door and over to the person who was rummaging through the boot of the Jeep. 
" Um, hello. I'm Quinn, are you our new neighbors? " I asked.
" I'm Nevaeh, and yeah, I'm new. I just moved here with my parents from Jamaica. " said a mumbled voice, because she still had her her face in the boot of the Jeep.
" Do you need some help in there, Navaeh? "
" No, because I just found what I'm looking for. " as she said that she pulled herself and something else out of the boot. She looked at me with a big,cheery smile. " But thanks for the offer, Quinn. "
She stared at a little statue of a little Fairy.
" Now that I've found what I'm looking for, lets have a proper introduction, okay? "
" Okay! "
" Well, I'm Navaeh, your new Neighbor, "
" and I'm Quinn your Neighbor. " and we shook hands.
After that she told me she had a big brother named Nick and a baby sister named Sofia, her mums name is Angela and her dads name is Jim. We became bestfriends after, I really enjoyed having a new neighbor.